This easy not grilled beer brats recipe consists of 8 ingredients, including onion and beer, and is cooked in a crock pot.
What you need:
- 2 (19.8 oz) packages bratwurst
- 3 (12 oz) cans full flavor beer
- 3 medium sweet onions (such as Vidalia), chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 c sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 c butter
- 1 t cayenne pepper
- bratwurst buns
What you do:
- Brown brats in a large skillet, then transfer to a 4 quart or larger crock pot.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients (except sauerkraut and buns), then pour over brats.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 hours, or on high for 3 hours.
- Stir in sauerkraut and cook for another hour.
- Serve brats on buns and use a slotted spoon to top brats with onion and sauerkraut.
- Recipe submitted by Margaret W. via Port Washington, Wisconsin