This quick and easy Mozzarella chicken casserole recipe consists of 10 ingredients, including pimento, red bell pepper, and egg noodles.
Mozzarella Chicken Casserole
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- 10.75 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 6 oz dry egg noodles cooked al dente and drained
- 1 c Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 c Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/3 c milk
- 1/4 c red bell pepper chopped
- 2 T pimento chopped
- 2 T butter melted
- 2 T olive oil
- Heat oil in a medium skillet.
- Brown chicken in hot oil; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, noodles, red bell pepper, and pimento.
- In a large saucepan, combine soup and milk.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until simmers; remove from heat.
- Add Mozzarella cheese and stir until cheese melts.
- Add noodle mixture to sauce pan and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into 2 quart greased casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine butter and bread crumbs.
- Layer on top of casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.