Unlike most minestrone soup recipes, this quick and easy recipe is made with ground beef. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.
What you need:
- 1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 c sliced celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 c water
- 1 T dried parsley
- 1/2 t oregano
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 1/2 c elbow macaroni
- 1 c diced onion
- 1 c sliced carrots
- 14.5 oz can tomatoes, undrained
- 15 oz can pinto beans, drained
- 5 t beef bouillon granules
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t basil
- 2 c shredded cabbage
- Parmesan cheese
What you do:
- Add all ingredients except cabbage and macaroni to a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add cabbage and macaroni, bring to a boil, and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.
- Recipe submitted by Joyce O. via Wisconsin.