This easy Mexican crock pot chicken recipe consists of 6 ingredients, including picante sauce and boneless skinless chicken breasts.
Mexican Crock Pot Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1.25 c picante sauce (medium or hot per taste)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 c sour cream
- 2 T vegetable or olive oil
- 1/4 c water
- Heat oil in a large skillet, add chicken and cook just until browned on both sides.
- Place chicken and water in a 3.5 quart or larger crock pot / slow cooker.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning mix over chicken.
- Pour picante sauce over chicken.
- Cook, covered, for 5-7 hours on low, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from crock pot.
- Combine sour cream with picante mixture in crock pot.
- Heat crock pot for 5-10 minutes on low.
- Serve chicken with sauce from slow cooker.