This quick and easy Italian sausage and green bean soup recipe consists of 11 ingredients. It’s slow cooked in a crock pot.
What you need:
- 1 lb Italian sausage, sliced into 1/4″ pieces, browned and drained
- 4 c water
- 14.5 oz can tomatoes, undrained
- 10 oz package Italian green beans, frozen
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/3 c melted butter
- 3 t beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 t black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
What you do:
- Add all ingredients except for butter and flour, to a 3.5 quart or larger crock pot and mix well.
- Cook, covered, for 7 1/2 hours on low.
- Turn crock pot on high.
- Combine flour and butter together in a small bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add mixture to slow cooker and stir until liquid thickens.
- Cook for additional 30 minutes before serving.