This easy Italian Meatloaf recipe is a nice change of pace from your ordinary meatloaf, consisting of ground beef and Italian sausage.
What you need:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 c spaghetti or pizza sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2/3 c Italian style bread crumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 c onion, chopped
- 1/2 c green pepper, chopped
- 2 T Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 c Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, Italian sausage, 3/4 c spaghetti sauce, garlic, bread crumbs, egg, onion, green pepper, Parmesan cheese, Mozzarella cheese, salt and pepper and mix.
- Shape mixture into a loaf.
- Place meatloaf into a loaf or baking pan.
- Spread remaining 1/4 c sauce over the top of the meatloaf.
- Place meatloaf in oven and cook, covered, for 50 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue cooking for 25 minutes.
- Remove meatloaf from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.