This easy Italian crock pot chicken breasts recipe consists of 11 ingredients, including black olives, Mozzarella cheese, and green pepper.
Italian Crock Pot Chicken Breasts
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 26-28 oz jar of spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms sliced
- 4 slices Mozzarella cheese
- 2.25 oz can sliced black olives drained
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 2 T olive oil
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in skillet and brown on both sides.
- Set chicken in the bottom of a 3.5 quart or larger crock pot.
- Top chicken with vegetables.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over chicken and veggies.
- Cook, covered, for 6-8 hours on low.
- Place one slice of Mozzarella cheese on each chicken breasts.
- Cover and cook on low for an additional 10 minutes.
Serve by itself or with pasta.