This easy Italian crock pot beef dinner recipe consists of 10 ingredients, including garlic, green pepper, and round steak.
What you need:
- 1.5 lbs round steak, trimmed of fat and cut into serving size pieces
- 26-28 oz jar marinara sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 t dried oregano
- 2 T olive oil
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
What you do:
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Season round steak with salt and pepper.
- Place steak in hot skillet and brown on both sides.
- Place beef in 3.5 quart or larger crock pot.
- Top with green pepper, onion, mushrooms, and garlic.
- Combine marinara with oregano.
- Pour marinara over meat and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.