This Italian chicken dinner recipe is cooked in a crock pot. It consists of 12 ingredients, and is served over spaghetti or your noodles of choice.
Italian Chicken Dinner
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 c Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 c Parmesan cheese grated
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/3 cup onion diced
- 1 t sugar
- 2 t dried oregano
- 1/2 t dried basil
- 2 T olive oil
- cooked spaghetti fettuccine or noodles of choice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Salt and pepper chicken, add to skillet and brown on both sides.
- Place chicken on the bottom of a 3.5 quart or larger crock pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients except for cheese and noodles to a medium bowl and mix.
- Pour mixture over chicken and cook, covered, for 6 hours on low.
- Sprinkle cheese over chicken and continue cooking, covered, until cheese is melted.
- Serve over hot cooked noodles.