Huevos rancheros is an easy Mexican egg recipe that can be eaten at breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Enjoy this easy huevos rancheros recipe in your own home.
- 2 T olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 c sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 t salt
- 4 oz can green chiles seeded and chopped
- 3/4 c green pepper chopped
- 6 six inch tortillas flour or corn
- 1/2 c onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 28-32 oz can tomatoes chopped and drained
- Heat tortillas one at a time, in preheated skillet over med heat.
- Turn over when they start to get puffy, repeat on other side.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and put in oven on warm setting.
- In large skillet, cook onion, garlic, and green pepper in 1 T oil until tender.
- Stir in green chiles, tomatoes, and salt.
- Simmer for 8-10 minutes, uncovered.
- In another skillet, heat one T olive oil.
- Break eggs into skillet and cook sunny side up until cooked to desired preference.
- Serve sauce on hot tortillas topped with egg.
- Sprinkle on cheese; serve.