This quick and easy homemade butter burgers recipe consists of 7 ingredients, including ground chuck, butter, and onion.
What you need:
- 1.25 lbs ground chuck
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices American cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- bacon (optional)
What you do:
- In a medium bowl combine ground chuck, onion, salt, and pepper and mix with hands.
- Shape into 4 hamburger patties.
- Place hamburger buns on a baking sheet face up.
- Spread top and bottom of bun liberally with butter.
- Put buns in 400 degree oven and heat for a couple minutes until buns are toasted; remove from oven and set aside.
- Heat 2-3 T butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place hamburgers in skillet and cook 10 -12 minutes, turning once.
- Top burgers with cheese, cook for 1 minute or until cheese melts.
- Serve burgers on toasted buns with condiments of choice.