If it’s too hot to cook that chicken in your oven, try this slow grilled roasted chicken recipe. This easy chicken recipe consists of 8 ingredients.
Grill Roasted Chicken
- 3-4 lb whole roasting chicken
- 1 medium onion quartered
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1/4 t thyme
- 1/4 t rosemary
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Wash and dry chicken inside and out with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, thyme, rosemary, and garlic.
- Rub oil on inside and outside surface of chicken.
- Salt and pepper chicken per taste, inside and out.
- Add onion to inside cavity of chicken.
- Place chicken breast side up on center of grill.
- Cook, covered, over low-medium coals or heat for 2 hours.
Place in a shallow pan if having flare up problems.