This is my grandma’s quick and easy pecan pie recipe. It’s best served with ice cream or whipped cream on top.
What you need:
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 c dark corn syrup
- 3 T butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 c pecans
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/8 t salt
- 1 T flour
- 1 T sugar
- 9 inch pie shell
What you do:
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring 1/2 c sugar and corn syrup to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add butter and stir until combined; remove from heat.
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl.
- Slowly pour hot mixture over eggs while stirring vigorously with fork (this must be done or the hot mixture will cook the eggs).
- Stir in vanilla, salt and pecans.
- Place unbaked pie shell in a glass or metal pie pan.
- Mix flour and 1 T sugar over bottom of unbaked shell.
- Pour filling into shell.
- Bake in a preheated oven – 350 degrees for a glass pie pan, and 375 degrees for a metal pie pan – for 45 minutes or until nicely browned.