Try this quick and easy fried chicken liver recipe. This easy poultry recipe consists of 10 ingredients, including cornmeal, cayenne pepper, and flour.
Fried Chicken Livers
- 1 lb chicken livers rinsed and dried
- 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 c cornmeal
- 1/4 c milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3 t garlic powder
- 1 t cayenne pepper
- 1 t salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
- vegetable oil
- Combine milk and egg in a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper.
- Dip livers one at a time into egg mixture, then dredge in flour mixture until well coated.
- Fill a large cast iron skillet with 1/4 inch oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- Add livers and cook on both sides until nicely browned, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels, and serve with hot sauce or dipping sauce of choice.