This easy French onion soup recipe consists of seven ingredients. Serve as a dinner appetizer or with a sandwich for lunch.
What you need:
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 4.5 c water
- 6 c onion, sliced thin
- 4 T butter
- 1.5 t Worcestershire sauce
- large croutons
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
What you do:
- Saute onions with butter in 3-4 quart saucepan until tender, but not browned.
- In another saucepan, add bouillon to boiling water and stir until dissolved.
- Add broth and Worcestershire sauce to onions and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Ladle soup in bowls.
- Add croutons and top with shredded Mozzarella cheese.