This easy tomato rice soup recipe makes for a hearty pre-dinner appetizer, or a nice lunch combined with a grilled cheese sandwich.
What you need:
- 3 c water
- 1 t salt
- 1/8 t pepper
- 3/4 c uncooked white rice
- 1 1/4 c chopped onion
- 3/4 c chopped celery
- 1 T butter
- 14 1/2 oz can Italian stewed tomatoes
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes (may also use beef bouillon)
What you do:
- In large saucepan, heat onion and celery in butter until lightly browned.
- Add all the other ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Salt and pepper to taste.