This quick and easy taco casserole recipe consists of 9 ingredients, including green pepper, green chiles, and cheddar cheese.
Easy Taco Casserole
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 c green pepper chopped
- 1/2 c onion chopped
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 8 oz uncooked macaroni cooked and drained
- 4 oz can green chiles
- 2.5 c cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 c water
- In a large skillet, combine ground beef, onion, and green pepper and cook until ground beef is browned.
- Drain beef mixture and return to skillet.
- Add tomato sauce, taco seasoning, and water to skillet and mix.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in green chiles, 2 c cheddar cheese, and cooked macaroni.
- Spray a 2 quart casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Pour contents from skillet into casserole dish.
- Top with remaining 1/2 c cheddar cheese.
- Place casserole into a preheated 350 degree oven.
- Cook, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes, or until cheese is melted and taco casserole is heated through.
- Use half a can of green chiles to reduce spiciness.