This easy steak supper recipe can be cooked on a gas grill, charcoal grill, or in the oven. It’s the lazy cook’s way to barbecue!
Easy Steak Supper
- 1.5 lbs chuck steak 1 inch or more thick
- 3 carrots cut in bite size pieces
- 2 celery stalks cut in bite size pieces
- 3 potatoes quartered
- 1/2 c chopped onion
- 3 T butter melted
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/8 t pepper
- 1 T chopped parsley
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Place beef on large piece of heavy duty foil (3' x 18").
- Rub on onion soup mix; sprinkle excess on beef.
- Cover steak with vegetables.
- Mix butter, salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Pour mixture over vegetables.
- Wrap up in foil.
- Place on grill and cook over warm coals, or on low heat for about 1 hour.
- Check after 1 hour to see if meat and vegetables are tender.
- If not quite done, place back on grill and check again every 15 minutes.