This easy sandwich recipe was inspired by a trip to New Orleans. I had heard about the famous muffuletta sandwich, and was excited to try it. I was not disappointed.
Easy Sandwich Recipes – Olive Supreme Sandwich
This sandwich recipe was inspired by a trip to New Orleans. I had heard about the famous muffuletta sandwich, and was excited to try it.
I was not disappointed.
The main ingredients are salami, Mortadella, Italian ham, provolone, olive salad dressing and of course, the muffuletta bread. The olive
salad dressing is the core of this sandwich. It is an Italian dressing that consists of olives, olive oil, cauliflower, carrots, celery, sweet peppers,
capers and spices.
I went to my local supermarket when I returned home, and was happy to find the dressing. It was labeled Italian Olive Salad and I found it by
the canned olives and pickles. When I ran out of the ingredients in my home for muffulettas, I decided to experiment with the olive dressing.
This is the recipe I came up with:
What you need:
- 1/2 c cooked chicken breast, shredded
- raw baby spinach
- 2 T light mayonnaise
- 4 very thin slices of ham, or shaved ham
- 2 slices multi-grain or whole wheat bread
- 2 T Italian Olive Salad dressing
What you do:
- Spread 1 T mayonnaise on each slice of bread.
- Layer baby spinach on one slice.
- Place chicken on top of spinach.
- Place 3 slices of ham onto chicken.
- Spread olive salad dressing over ham.
- Cover with remaining slice of ham, then remaining slice of bread.
- May alter mayo and/or olive salad amounts per taste.
My family as well as myself, are infatuated with this easy to make sandwich recipe. I hope you are as well.