Try this easy breezy roast chicken recipe. This easy poultry recipe consists of 8 ingredients, including garlic, onion, and rosemary.
Easy Roast Chicken
- 4-5 lb roasting chicken
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 1 medium onion quartered
- 1/4 t thyme
- 1/4 t rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Wash and dry chicken inside and out with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, thyme, rosemary, and garlic.
- Rub oil on inside and outside surface of chicken.
- Salt and pepper chicken per taste, inside and out.
- Add onion to inside cavity of chicken.
- Place chicken, breast side up, in a shallow baking pan filled with 1/2 c water.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 2 1/2 hours, basting every half hour.
- Remove foil during last 45-60 minutes of cooking so chicken can brown.