Try making this quick and easy jalapeno cornbread recipe for your family. It’s baked in the oven for 40-45 minutes at 400 degrees.
Easy Jalapeno Cornbread
- 3/4 c cornmeal
- 3 T flour
- 1 T baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 c sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 c sour cream
- 2 eggs beaten
- 8 oz can creamed corn
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 2 T jalapeno pepper diced (3 T for more spice)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 8" x 8" casserole pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine first four ingredients.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour cornbread mixture into greased casserole pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of cornbread comes out clean.