This quick and easy homemade cornbread recipe consists of 8 ingredients, including corn meal, baking powder, and vegetable oil.
Easy Homemade Cornbread
- 1 c flour
- 1.5 c yellow corn meal
- 1 c milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 c sugar
- 2 t baking powder
- 1/4 c vegetable oil
- 1 t salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, corn meal, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add milk, eggs, and vegetable oil to dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9 inch baking pan.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into middle of cornbread comes out clean.