Try these easy grilled veggies as a side, or a main course vegetarian meal. This recipe uses bbq skewers, but you may also use foil or a mesh cooking grate.
Easy Grilled Veggies
- 2 green peppers
- 2 red or yellow sweet peppers
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 lb mushrooms fresh
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow squash
- bottle of balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- barbecue skewers
- Chop veggies (except for tomatoes and mushrooms) into 1.5 inch pieces.
- Put all the veggies into a gallon sized freezer bag.
- Pour dressing into bag, and shake to cover all the vegetables.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Drain veggies, saving leftover dressing.
- Thread veggies on skewers, alternating between types of veggies.
- Cook on grill over medium heat, basting liberally with excess dressing, for 13 to 17 minutes.
- Turn over veggies halfway through cooking.