Try this easy grill roasted prime rib recipe. This easy barbecue / grilling recipe consists of only 2 ingredients, and was submitted by GrillAdventures.com.
Easy Grill Roasted Prime Rib
- 12 to 15 lb capless prime rib aka export rib, bone in
- 1 c good barbecue rub
- Rub the prime rib all over with barbecue rub.
- In the grill/smoker, start a fire well over to one side.
- When the coals are well lit, place the rib on the grill grid on the side opposite the coals, being careful that no part of the rib is directly over the coals.
- Put the lid on the grill with the vents 1/4 open.
- Cook for approximately 2 hours, adding a handful of fresh charcoal every 30 minutes or so.
- At the 2 hour point, check the rib with a meat thermometer to determine doneness: Remove from the fire at 118 F for very rare, 122 F for rare, 126 F for medium rare and so on, adding 4 F for each degree of doneness.
- Allow to rest for 30 minutes before slicing.
Yield: 6 -12 servings. Recipe submitted by Colin at: GrillAdventures.com