Try this quick and easy fried chicken recipe. This poultry recipe consists of 9 ingredients, including garlic powder, buttermilk, and vegetable oil.
Easy Fried Chicken
- 1 large chicken cut up
- 1 1/2 c buttermilk
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 c butter
- 1 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t black pepper
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- 1 1/2 c flour
- vegetable oil
- Fill a large skillet with 1 1/2 inches of oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- Add 1/4 c butter to oil.
- In a large shallow bowl, combine flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- In another large bowl, combine egg and buttermilk.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the buttermilk, then roll in the flour mixture.
- Set chicken in the hot oil and cook, covered, 15 - 20 minutes.
- Turn chicken once during cooking, when nicely browned on side.
- Drain on paper towels.