This easy crock pot venison roast recipe consists of 12 ingredients, including mushrooms, carrots, dry onion soup mix, and potatoes.
What you need:
- 3 lb venison roast
- 10.75 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 10.5 oz can beef broth
- 7 carrots, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 3 medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1 c baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1.25 oz envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1/4 c sherry
- black pepper to taste
What you do:
- Place the onions, carrots, mushrooms and potatoes in the bottom of crock pot.
- Rub roast with garlic and pepper then place on top of vegetables.
- Place bay leaves on roast.
- Combine mushroom soup with broth, sherry, and soup and mix.
- Pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.