Next time you have a taste for cream of mushroom soup, try this easy recipe on for size. You’ll never go back to canned condensed soup again.
What you need:
- 1 1/2 c fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 c onion, diced
- 4 T butter
- 3 bouillon cubes, chicken flavor
- 3 1/4 c water
- 1/3 c flour
- 1 c whipping cream
- 1/4 t pepper
What you do:
- Add bouillon to boiling water and stir until dissolves; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, cook onion and mushroom in butter until tender.
- Mix in flour until well blended.
- Turn on heat to low and slowly pour in broth, stirring constantly.
- Heat to simmering, add cream and pepper, and heat through stirring occasionally.