Try this quick and easy to make chicken and rice skillet. This easy casserole recipe consists of 12 ingredients, including olive oil, mushrooms, and peas.
Easy Chicken and Rice Skillet
- 3 lb fryer chicken cut up
- 1 cup long grain rice uncooked
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 1/2 c tomato juice
- 1 1/2 c chicken broth
- 1/2 c onion chopped
- 10 oz package frozen peas
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 4 oz can sliced mushrooms drained
- 1 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1/4 t cayenne pepper/red pepper hot sauce
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in skillet.
- Cook chicken until nicely browned on both sides.
- Add onion and garlic and heat until tender.
- Add tomato juice and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add rice and chicken broth and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Mix in mushrooms, peas and hot sauce and simmer for 5 - 6 minutes, or until peas are tender, occasionally stirring; serve.