Try this quick and easy buttermilk biscuits recipe. This bread recipe consists of 6 ingredients, including buttermilk, butter and flour.
Easy Buttermilk Biscuits
- 2 c flour
- 1/4 c butter
- 3/4 c buttermilk
- 1 t salt
- 2 t baking powder
- 1/4 t baking soda
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Cut butter into flour mixture.
- When mixture resembles small crumbs, slowly add in buttermilk while stirring with fork.
- When thoroughly mixed, place dough onto a floured surface and knead lightly.
- Roll dough out until it's about 1 inch thick.
- Cut biscuits out using a small floured glass or biscuit cutter.
- Place on an ungreased pan, and bake at 450 degrees for 12 -15 minutes, or until biscuits are lightly browned on top.
- Brush tops of biscuits with butter while still hot; serve.