Try these quick and easy to make easy breezy waffles. This breakfast recipe consists of 10 ingredients, including vanilla, flour, and half and half.
Easy Breezy Waffles
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/4 t vanilla
- 3/4 c whole milk
- 1/2 c half and half
- 1 1/2 T shortening
- 2 1/2 T butter
- 2/3 c sugar
- 1 t salt
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well.
- In another bowl, combine sugar, shortening, egg, and butter; mix with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add vanilla, milk, and half & half to egg-butter bowl and mix well.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture slowly (while blending with the hand mixer) until smooth and lump free.
- Set mixture aside to thicken for at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat waffle iron greased with a thin layer of olive oil.
- Place approximately 1/2 c batter on waffle iron and cook until waffles are golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Serve with syrup.