Try this easy breezy stuffed tomatoes recipe. This quick to make vegetarian dish can be served as a side dish or main course.
What you need:
- 8 large tomatoes
- 3 c rice, cooked
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 2 t salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 1/2 c onion, diced
- 1 c sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
What you do:
- Cut tops off of tomatoes and dig out insides.
- In a large bowl, combine rice, salt, pepper, onion, and cheese and mix well.
- Using spoon, distribute rice mixture evenly to all tomatoes.
- Place tomatoes standing up in a baking pan or dish.
- Pour oil over the tops of tomatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes at 400 degrees.