Try out this quick and easy bratwurst and peppers recipe. It can be eaten by itself, with a side of rice or noodles, or as a sandwich on a crusty bun.
What you need:
- 1-1.5 lbs fresh bratwurst
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 large red or yellow bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 c beer
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/2 t oregano leaves
What you do:
- Pour beer into a large skillet. Add bratwurst to skillet and cook over med heat until water simmers. Cover skillet and simmer for 5-7 minutes. Remove cover and continue cooking, turning often, for about 20 minutes or until bratwurst is nicely browned.
- Set aside bratwurst and add olive oil to skillet. Heat oil and add all remaining ingredients to pan. Cook over med heat until vegetables are browned and tender, stirring often. Add bratwurst to skillet, cover and cook on low until heated through.
- Bratwurst and peppers are great by themselves. They are also delicious on a brat bun or crusty roll with your favorite condiments.