Try out this quick and easy bratwurst and peppers recipe. It can be eaten by itself, with a side of rice or noodles, or as a sandwich on a crusty bun.
What you need:
- 1-1.5 lbs fresh bratwurst
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 large red or yellow bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 c beer
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/2 t oregano leaves
What you do:
- Pour beer into a large skillet.
- Add bratwurst to skillet and cook over med heat until water simmers.
- Cover skillet and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue cooking, turning often, for about 20 minutes or until bratwurst is nicely browned.
- Set aside bratwurst and add olive oil to skillet.
- Heat oil and add all remaining ingredients to pan.
- Cook over med heat until vegetables are browned and tender, stirring often.
- Add bratwurst to skillet, cover and cook on low until heated through.
- Bratwurst and peppers are great by themselves.
- They are also delicious on a brat bun or crusty roll with your favorite condiments.