This easy crock pot sausage and sauerkraut recipe consists of 9 ingredients, including spicy brown mustard, apple, and carrots.
What you need:
- 1 lb Polish or smoked sausage, sliced into bite sized pieces
- 4 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb sauerkraut, drained
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and cut in wedges
- 1 T spicy brown mustard
- 1 t brown sugar
- 1 t caraway seed
What you do:
- Place potatoes, onion and carrots in the bottom of a 3.5 quart or larger crock pot.
- In a medium bowl, combine caraway seed, brown sugar, and mustard and mix.
- Add sauerkraut and apples and mix.
- Place sausage over vegetable in crock pot.
- Top with sauerkraut apple mixture.
- Cook, covered, for 7-8 hours on low, or until carrots and potatoes are tender but not mushy.
- Serve with buttered rye bread.