This easy crock pot rump roast dinner recipe cooks in a slow cooker for 8-10 hours on low. It’s chock full of vegetables, including potatoes and onion.
What you need:
- 3-4 lb beef rump roast
- 8 medium red potatoes, washed but not peeled
- 1 lb bag baby carrots
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 very small head of cabbage, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 c red wine vinegar
- 1/2 c water
- 1/4 t black pepper
- salt to taste
What you do:
- Place onions and celery on the bottom of a 6 quart crock pot.
- Place rump roast on top of veggies.
- Rub top of roast with onion soup mix.
- Season with black pepper.
- Surround roast with potatoes and carrots.
- Add garlic and cabbage.
- Pour water and red wine vinegar over top.
- Lightly season with salt.
- Cook, covered, for 8-10 hours on low.