This easy crock pot pork barley soup recipe consists of 13 ingredients, including pork tenderloin, celery, onion, carrots, and garlic.
What you need:
- 1.5 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into bite sized pieces
- 10 c water (2.5 quarts)
- 8 t chicken bouillon granules
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1.5 c chopped rutabaga or turnip
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 c quick cooking barley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 t oregano
- 1 t rosemary
- 1/8 t black pepper
What you do:
- Combine all ingredients except barley into a large crock pot and mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Stir in barley during the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.
- Recipe submitted by Hannah via Eagan, Minnesota.