This easy crock pot recipe is a vegetarian’s dream. It’s packed with vegetables, pearl barley, and of course Lima beans. Give it a try on a cool Autumn day or cold Winter Night.
Crock Pot Lima Bean Soup
This savory crock pot recipe consists of 11 ingredients, including potatoes, celery, and cabbage.
- 1 Crock Pot / Slow Cooker 4-7 quart
- 1 C small dry Lima beans rinsed, sorted, and drained
- 1 medium potato peeled and diced
- 6 stalks of celery chopped
- 4 carrots peeled and sliced
- 1/2 small cabbage chopped
- 8 oz fresh spinach chopped
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1/2 c uncooked pearl barley
- 4 vegetable or chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 T butter
- 1/4 t black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large crock pot.
- Cover all ingredients with water.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
A larger crock pot will cook your Lima bean soup faster.