This easy crock pot ground turkey stuffed cabbage rolls recipe consists of 12 ingredients, including Worcestershire sauce, green pepper, and rice.
What you need:
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 12 cabbage leaves, washed
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 c cooked rice
- 1/4 c onion, diced
- 1/4 c green pepper, diced
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1 t salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
What you do:
- Boil water in a large pot.
- Place cabbage leaves in pot and boil for 2-3 minutes, or until cabbage leaves are limp.
- Remove cabbage from pot and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground turkey, egg, onion, green pepper, rice, 1/2 T Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper and hand mix.
- Lay out cabbage leaves.
- Place about 1/4 c ground turkey mixture on each cabbage leaf.
- Fold in sides of cabbage over mixture.
- Roll up turkey mixture in cabbage and secure with toothpick.
- Place cabbage rolls in the bottom of a 3.5 quart or larger crock pot.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato sauce, 1/2 T Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and brown sugar.
- Pour mixture over cabbage rolls.
- Cook, covered, for 8 hours on low.
- Best served with mashed potatoes.