Nothing says St. Patrick’s Day like a dinner of corned beef and cabbage. This easy crock pot corned beef and cabbage recipe consists of 8 ingredients.
What you need:
- 3-4 lb corned beef brisket (with spice pack)
- 4 large carrots, sliced in 2 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 small head of cabbage cut in wedges
- 3 T cider vinegar
- 2 T brown sugar
- 11/2 c water
What you do:
- Add carrots, celery, onions and water to a 6 quart crock-pot.
- Place brisket on top of vegetables.
- In a small bowl, combine spice pack, brown sugar and cider vinegar.
- Pour mixture over corned beef.
- Place cabbage on top of corned beef.
- Cook, covered, for 8 – 10 hours on low.
- Serve with rye bread and butter.