For a spicy chili dish, try this easy crock pot chili verde recipe. This slow cooker recipe consists of 13 ingredients, including pork shoulder and garlic.
What you need:
- 1 1/2 lbs pork shoulder trimmed of excess fat and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 c water
- 2 t chicken bouillon granules
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves chopped fine
- 1 lb fresh tomatillos, chopped
- 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1 T dried oregano
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1/2 c fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 T vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
What you do:
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add pork shoulder to skillet with salt and pepper and cook over medium-high heat until browned.
- Place pork and remaining ingredients into a 3.5 quart or larger crock pot.
- Cook, covered, for 8 – 9 hours on low.
- May add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on warm tortillas or over rice.