Try this crock pot beef with green chilies recipe. Cook in a slow cooker for 4-6 hours. Serve the beef by itself, or over noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes.
Crock Pot Beef with Green Chilies
- 3 lbs top round roast cut into 1 inch cubes
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes undrained
- 12 oz can beer
- 2 (4 oz) cans chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 c beef broth
- 3 carrots sliced
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 T Worcestershire sauce
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 t ground cumin
- 2 t dried oregano
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
- Brown the roast with the onion and garllic in hot oil; transfer to crock pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except ground cumin, and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Stir in cumin the last hour of cooking.
Recipe submitted by Paula J. via St. Louis, Missouri