Try this easy to make crock chicken and potatoes recipe. This easy slow cooker / crock pot recipe consists of 10 ingredients, including green pepper.
Crock Chicken and Potatoes
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 7 medium potatoes
- 1 large green pepper chopped
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1/2 c water
- 3 t oregano dried
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t black pepper
- Quarter potatoes with skins on.
- Layer on bottom of 5-6 quart crock pot / slow cooker.
- Add celery, green pepper, onion and chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, water, oregano, pepper, and salt.
- Pour over chicken and veggies in the crock.
- Cook, covered, for 8-10 hours on low.
- Chicken should be cooked through and veggies should be tender.
- You may use boneless skinless chicken thighs, or remove skin from bone-in chicken for a healthier alternative.
- Add 1-2 T of olive oil if you use this method.