This easy cream of mushroom round steak recipe is cooked in a crock pot and consists of 9 ingredients, including onion and garlic.
What you need:
- 2.5 lbs round steak
- 2 (10.75 oz) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 t thyme
- 2-3 T olive oil
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
What you do:
- Trim round steak of excess fat and cut into serving size portions.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Salt and pepper round steak.
- Place steak in skillet and cook over med-high heat until browned, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Add steak to a 3.5 quart or larger crock pot and cover with onion and mushrooms.
- In a medium bowl, combine soup, garlic and thyme and mix.
- Pour soup mixture over beef.
- Cook, covered, for 6-8 hours on low.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or egg noodles.