Try this quick and easy to make cream of mushroom pot roast recipe.
What you need:
- 3-4 lb beef roast
- 2 (103/4 oz) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 4 oz can mushrooms, drained
- 3 T vegetable oil
- 1/8 t black pepper
What you do:
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- In a small bowl, combine pepper and onion soup mix.
- Rub mixture onto roast.
- Place roast in skillet and brown on all sides.
- Add roast to crock-pot.
- In a medium bowl, mix mushroom soup and mushrooms.
- Pour soup mixture over roast.
- Cook, covered, for 8 hours on low.
- Serve with mushroom gravy from crock-pot.