Try this quick and easy to make coffee cake recipe. This easy bread/dessert recipe consists of 13 ingredients, including chopped walnuts and brown sugar.
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/2 c milk
- 1/3 c butter softened
- 1 T baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 t vanilla
- 3/4 c white sugar
- 1/2 c walnuts finely chopped
- 3 T butter melted
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 2 T flour
- 1 T cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine milk, vanilla, and egg; set aside.
- Sift together 11/2 c flour, baking powder, salt, and white sugar.
- Add butter and milk mixture and stir to mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine walnuts, 3 T butter, brown sugar, 2 T flour, and cinnamon and mix.
- Grease a 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
- Add 1/2 cake mixture to pan, then 1/2 topping; repeat ending with topping.
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.