Try this quick and easy to make chunky chicken noodle soup recipe, which consists of 8 ingredients, including chicken thighs, celery, and carrots.
Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 T butter
- 1 c carrots sliced
- 2 c egg noodles
- 1 c onion chopped
- 1/2 c celery chopped
- 6 c chicken broth
- 1/4 fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken in large baking pan.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set aside to cool.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter.
- Add onion and celery and cook until slightly tender; remove from heat.
- Cut up chicken into bite-sized chunks and add to saucepan with onion and celery.
- Add carrots, broth and black pepper to pan and heat to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add egg noodles and cook for 12 -15 minutes, or until noodles are to preferred tenderness.