Try this quick and easy chocolate pound cake recipe. This easy dessert recipe consists of 9 ingredients, including cocoa and whole milk.
What you need:
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- 3 c flour
- 3 c sugar
- 1 c whole milk
- 11/2 c butter
- 5 T cocoa
- 1 1/2 t vanilla
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/4 t salt
What you do:
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Gradually pour beaten eggs into creamed ingredients while mixing on low speed with hand mixer.
- Sift flour, baking powder, cocoa, and salt together.
- With the mixer on low, add small amounts of the sifted ingredients, then milk, alternating until all ingredients are used up, and making sure you end with the sifted ingredients.
- Add vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Grease a 10″ tube pan.
- Pour mixture into pan and bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 80 – 90 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan.