This easy chicken, vegetable, and rice skillet recipe consists of 10 ingredients, including celery, onion, and cheddar cheese.
Chicken, Vegetable, and Rice Skillet
- 3/4 c cooked chicken
- 3/4 c white rice
- 14.5 oz can stewed tomatoes undrained
- 14.5 oz can mixed vegetables drained
- 14 oz can chicken broth
- 1/2 c sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 c celery sliced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 T butter
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Add rice, celery, onion and garlic and saute for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken broth and tomatoes to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until rice is cooked.
- Add chicken and mixed vegetables to skillet and mix.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Heat on low for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Season with salt and pepper.