Chicken Fried Steak Recipe is Awesome
Author: Dede Purneim
I’d like to share this chicken fried steak recipe because my family loves it and they always ask me to cook it again. It can be served at home, potluck, or special party.
Ingredients of chicken fried steak recipe:
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 pounds boneless beef round stead, cut 3/4-inch thick
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups beef broth or stock
Step by step of chicken fried steak recipe:
- Combine flour and seasonings in a small bowl.
- Cut steak into 6 serving pieces. Dredge steak with seasoned flour, pressing as much flour as possible into meat. Reserve any leftover flour.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add steak and cook until brown, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer meat to at least a 3-1/2 quart slow cooker. Pour in the broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high 4-5 hours.
- Stir once during the last half hour of cooking on high.
- Remove meat to serving platter and keep warm while making gravy below.
Ground Peppercorn Gravy
5 tablespoons flour
3-1/2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground peppercorns
Salt to taste
- Transfer juices from slow cooker to a skillet.
- Whisk in flour plus any of the reserved seasoned flour. Whisk and cook until golden brown, over medium heat on a range. Gradually stir in milk, whisking continually, until gravy thickens.
- Stir in pepper and season with salt to taste. Serve over steak at the table.
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/recipes-articles/chicken-fried-steak-recipe-is-awesome-257079.html
About the Author
To discover more information about other chicken recipes include the chicken fried steak recipe, please visit to 300 Chicken Recipes