Try this quick and easy to make cheesy potato bake. This vegetarian side dish recipe consists of only 5 ingredients, including potatoes, sharp cheddar cheese, and half and half.
What you need:
- 3 large yellow/gold potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 c sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 c half and half
- 1/8 t black pepper
- 1/2 t salt
What you do:
- In a large saucepan, combine salt, pepper, and half and half and heat to a boil.
- Add potatoes and cook for 3 minutes while stirring.
- In a 1 quart casserole dish greased with butter, add half of potato mixture.
- Top with 1/2 c of cheese, then remaining potato mixture, then remaining cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes, uncovered; serve.