This quick and easy, cheesy ham and potato casserole is great served on its own, but it’s even better served as a breakfast side dish with eggs.
Cheesy Ham and Potato Casserole
- 3 large potatoes peeled and sliced thin
- 2 c cooked ham diced
- 1 1/2 c sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper diced
- 1/2 c half and half
- pinch of salt
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan, combine half and half, salt, and pepper and bring to boil.
- Add potatoes and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Pour half of mixture into a 2 quart or larger casserole dish greased with butter.
- Add half the ham, half the onion, and half the green pepper.
- Top with half of the cheese.
- Repeat layering remaining ingredients ending with cheese.
- Place in oven and bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes.
Makes a great breakfast side dish served with eggs.